Simplebus Installation Rules
The Simplebus system is characterised by simple cabling with just two un-polarised wires in each stretch of the system.
When used in conjunction with the Powercom, iKall, Vandalcom or Vandal Resistant entrance panels, the Simplebus system becomes extremely easy to cable, eliminating the possibility of errors and drastically reducing installation times. The system can manage up to 240 users in standard for or over 1000 in Simplebus TOP form, connecting a MAX of 3 branches with the same user code and 100 branches for each riser.
In door-entry phone only systems, the maximum operating distance between the door and the door-entry phone is 400 m (or 1200 metres in Simplebus TOP configuration). The standard system is fitted with the lock release function, switchboard call/auxiliary button. The conversion from internal door-entry phone unit to internal video entry phone unit is immediate.
A vast range of accessories is also available to convert all internal door-entry phone units to internal video entry phone units. A vast range of accessories is also available to solve all system requirements easily.
For the full description of the articles regarding the Simplebus system, please refer to Catalogue 66.
Before starting to install any system please follow these instructions carefully
- Please read the manuals. Simplebus is very easy to install, but there are some rules to follow.
- Do not modify the equipment. Simplebus is very versatile andmost configurations have already been tested. If you need something else, ask us and we will be happy to help.
- All the products comply with the requirements of the 2006/95/CE directives (which replace directive 73/23/CEE and subsequent amendments), as certified by the CE mark on the products.
- Do not route riser wires in proximity to power supply cables (230/400V) to avoid interference.
- Cut off the power supply before carrying out any maintenance work.
- Connect the module-holder frame to earth .
- Do not press and hold the audio hook while the handset is lifted. This will disconnect the call
- Programming of the system is very fast. Each apartment phone or video phone is set by use of DIP switches using a binary code. Most other 2 wire systems require pre-programming before attending site, or 2 engineers working together to set up the correct programming.